Wednesday, December 9, 2009

for the skeptics

on monday we had our christmas party for our preschool co-op that we're a part of. each child got to pick a name of another student and buy a present for them. we got a short list for each child of what they liked to help us with our gift giving.

i emphasized the fact that the kids each had to pick out the gift. we had fun going to target one evening to shop for their friends.

the interesting thing was alaythia picked another girl in the co-op...whose name is alethia. same name, just spelled a little differently. so for those of you who thought we were absolutely crazy for naming our daughter that, and feel sorry for her because she has such a weird name, just know, she is fine. she has a classmate with the same name!

here is the picture of the present tag...

7 comments:

Avery said...

we just found your blog! We are loving the stories about the kids and all the pictures. Mark and Avery

itsmepollyb said...

There are three of them? That's how Alethia Nystrom spells hers too (and people call her Althea). Must be a seminary thing!

Christi said...

My grandma's name is similar...Aletha. Just so you know.

Shana Stringer said...

You tell them Natalie, I love her name

Sherri Price said...

Never thought you were crazy! I love that your children's names are so intentional with meaning.

Heather Schumacher said...

I love it!

Rachel Lundy said...

I love her name. I remember the first time Sarah introduced us. When she told me your daughter's name I thought, "Wow, that is a beautiful name!"