Friday, December 14, 2007

perspective

i went to a meeting with my cousin ashley last night. i got home late, but was amped. not like a mother of 2 late at night. i heard my mom still stirring so i went upstairs to debrief the day and it eventually led to gearing up for the next. all the things we both had to do...christmas is fast approaching and time is running out.

i'm not sure what got into us, but all of the sudden at midnight, we were downstairs eating cereal together continuing our random burst of energy. when we ran out of steam i went to bed but something in me was telling me to go check on the kids. i got up and walked into their room to find sweet little alaythia, head popped up and resting on the side of the crib.

i walked over to her, happy to see her face, cause i had missed it in the few hours i had been gone. but when i got over there i saw that she was sick, very sick, and covered in her sickness. i stripped her as fast as i could and ran to the bathroom where she could continue to get the bug out. when she was done i disintegrated into tears as the picture replayed in my head of my content sweet baby girl, quietly laying in her throw up.

she continued through the night and into this morning. funny how all my really 'important' things to do for christmas quickly became so trite. a good reminder to me of what really is important.

(she's doing better this afternoon, we'll wait and see.)

4 comments:

Christi said...

Aren't you so thankful for that mom's intuition that made you go check on her? You are such a sweet mom. I'll pray for that little precious girl today.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Hopefully it will pass soon. Poor little cutie.

julie martin said...

poor baby girl. it makes it seem sadder somehow when they don't even complain... reminds me of the night you spent in bed with my lornie, helping her throw up all night, and banging your leg on the bedpost every time you got up-- while we were away for the weekend.

itsmepollyb said...

Overheard on the tire swing last month at Play and Praise...

T: I was throwing up last week.
J: I threw up before.
J: I throw up in a bowl my mom gives me.
T: I don't throw up in a bowl. I just throw up in my bed or the car.

Hope she's feeling better soon.