Wednesday, February 4, 2009

cruisin'

you might not know that i have my own speaker's bureau business. i work for several different authors organizing and negotiating their speaking engagements and public appearances.

one of those such authors is speaking on a cruise, and when the contract was negotiated, i was included in that contract.

so i'm off, in just a few hours. on a cruise that will take me from alabama to mexico. i'm going without my husband, and without my kids. and i won't be back until monday.

the most i've been away from my kids is about 48 hours, (alaythia 24).

as a mother you long for times when you can be by yourself, have adult time. but for me, when i get those times, i LONG to be back with my kids. so while i'm beyond exicted to feel my toes again, i'm wondering how i'll do being gone for 5 days...

the thing that makes it all okay is knowing that my mother in law is coming to be with my kids in my stead. matt is busy and gone most days, instead of being carted around from place to place, they will get good GG time. and they might not even miss me at all. thanks mom for coming to take care of my babies. this trip would not be possible without you.

see you in a few days with stories to tell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your cruise. I am a speaker, writer and consultant. If you are looking for speakers to represent, then see my website for more information about who I am and what I do. My contact information is on that website.

www.mackpowers.com.

Don't forget the sunscreen!


Mack Powers

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
We are all so proud of your job. You have such great talents. Since you are the scheduler, what other trips are you going to need babysitters for? If we know ahead of time we can schedule our vacation time around you.
Love,
Aunt Lydia

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I thought I would be miserable - missing my kids, that is - when I went on my trip with Greg last year.

Honestly, I had such a great time away, and I knew they would be in good hands.

Have a great time on your cruise! ox

tommysmommy said...

Have a great time!!! Soak up some relaxation and those lessons God has in store for you!! (I'm so jealous : ) )

julie martin said...

enjoy nat! moms don't get these opportunities very often! can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Unknown said...

i did NOT know that you had that side business going on...so very Proverbs 31 of you
:)

have a great time!