Friday, June 5, 2009

cheeky

remember when mary poppins is singing her 'spoon full of sugar' song? at the end she walks over to the mirror and is singing. her reflection then goes on and on after the real mary poppins is done. mary looks at the reflection and says, 'cheeky!'

so yesterday isaiah wanted to know what cheeky meant, so i explained it to him as best i could (i thought about calling my english friends to make sure i was explaining it right). i thought in the midst of the explanation, 'i like that expression. i think i might have to include that in my vocabulary.'

at 4 years old, isaiah is a wiz when it comes to the mac. he can get around fine, DJing with iTunes, slide shows with iPhoto, even garage band. but somehow he took garage band off the dock and it's been gone for a week or so. yesterday he asked me if i could find it and put it back. 'of course i can!' i said. 'how mom?' 'magic. just like mary poppins. in fact, i AM mary poppins!'

alaythia was under the table playing with something, she popped her head up and said, 'you're cheeky mommy!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and your definition was?
Must have been brilliant since your little lady used it perfectly. ;-)
Miss you around these parts though there are many of your clan to represent!
hug
Heather

Unknown said...

I wish I was in your world every day! It would be so fun to be a part of these hilarious moments (though, I'm sure there are some that aren't so hilarious).
I guess my point it... I wish we could party together!

Rachel Lundy said...

Too cute!

CourtChris said...

Ask Chris, it's a constant in his vocabulary. It suits just about anything...'oh that's cheeky!' 'cheeky monkey' the list goes on and on!