Monday, March 15, 2010

one exception

with alaythia's surgery coming on friday, we've been holed up in the house, trying to stay healthy so we can be sure that the surgery happens. we've been keeping ourselves busy lots of different ways.

but tonight we made an exception. we went out for alaythia's first dance class. we took pictures before we left of her in her outfit. daddy, who hates to have his picture taken, actually asked to get a picture with alaythia.


the class was 45 minutes long, ballet and tap. and for a girl who has a hard time keeping her attention on anything, she did a great job.

at one point, i passed matt (as i was circling the room taking pictures) and our eyes met... there was a look in matt's eyes that i've seen before. i have seen it in my parent's eyes when they would watch me or my brothers. that twinkle. i don't know if i can describe it. it's pure happiness. the look of - at that moment - your kid being the most wonderful thing in the world and you are so proud to be their parent, so happy to be watching them. it was pure joy.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Yes, that's how I would describe that feeling too. I felt it today when we went to an art show displaying the art work from kids at max's preschool. I saw his stories and pictures on the wall with his name signed at the end. It fills you up quick, huh?

Heidi said...

Zachary had tubes in and I was terrified of him being put under. Thankfully it was very quick and we were able to be with him as he woke up. I'm praying that Alaythia's goes quickly, and perfectly! And she she looks adorable in her dance outfit!! I love the picture of her and Matt kissing...ADORABLE!