Thursday, January 10, 2013

thanksgiving in kentucky

even though we have lived 2500 miles from family for the past 4.5 years, we are very blessed, in that MOST major holidays we get to spend with extended family.  this thanksgiving however we were excited to be just the 5 of us.  while this was exciting on many levels, it was a bit scary for me, because it meant that i would have to cook my own thanksgiving dinner...all on my own.  turns out, matthew was all in so i wasn't on my own!  alaythia also helped a lot.  we had a great time planning the menu (from food network recipes), and then carrying it out. 

as we sat down to dinner my heart was full at those around me.  i was afraid that in that moment, i might feel lonely, or like something was missing.  but it was quite the opposite.  my heart was full and overwhelmed at the family that God has given to matthew and i.  at MY family. 

paula dean's apple pie

bobby flay's parker house rolls

matt's one request...jello with fruit! 

giada's gravy.

giada's turkey recipe

ina's mashed potatoes

rachel ray's green beans

table setting


sitting down to dinner! it was a fantastically beautiful day!
love, love my family!



1 comment:

LydiaG. said...

Yum! Yum! Yum!
You started your own traditions!
M & N Godshall rock.