Tuesday, December 9, 2008

just in case you don't believe me


this may look like an ordinary piece of luggage to you. nice shape, svelte black color and nice straps to hold other pieces of luggage...no, it's much more.

one morning isaiah came running out to the kitchen and said, 'mom! you have GOT to come see where your daughter is hiding!' yes, this is one of his favorite ways to refer to alaythia or anyone really. i have to see 'what my husband' did, or 'my father' or 'my brother'.

so i follow him into our bedroom and begin my search. it's quiet and still. i listen for 'my daughter' and hear nothing...silence. aahh, a sweet sound -- and yet before i'm able to fully take in the moment -- i'm overcome with alaythia's ability to remain so still and quiet.

i look in all the usual spots and when all other options are exhausted, i walk over to our walk in closet, (that serves as storage). i see nothing, only the recently unloaded luggage sitting at the front.

and then, she pops out and growls.


i'm thrilled. exuberant. proud. laughing and clapping.

she's amazing!

(i didn't take the picture right then, i made her go back in while i grabbed the camera. she was all to happy to oblige.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute, thanks for sharing Natalie. I giggled and Audrey came running to see what was so funny!