Friday, December 5, 2008

there's something about this place

i swear the things that have happened to me since being in kentucky...well i should write a book. well, it's not enough for a book so i'll write a blog.

i am a competent, organized, administrative woman. i'm not super woman or mom by any stretch of the means, but i can get things done. and usually get them done efficiently. but something about this place...crazy things keep happening to me and to the things around me.

like my refrigerator door just falling completely off the hinges one morning, going to costco and my debit card strangely not working while i wait to pay for hundreds of dollars of goods. (it never did work and i left crying. and yes there was money in the bank!) or picking up prescriptions for the family, and having isaiah's bottle fall out of the little drive thru dispenser. i couldn't open my door because of the cement bars, so i pulled forward only to realize that i had run over his entire bottle of medicine. or pulling out into the street only to find that my only two choices were to run over the cement median or drive into oncoming traffic.

i really did believe that i was capable, but the happenings of the past few months (and days) are leaving me with the sneaking suspicion that i might not be as put together as i thought i was.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie, that pinging sound you hear is brain cells jumping out of your ears. Motherhood will do that to you :)
Love, Aunt Sandi :)

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

We all have the times. Mine always come when I'm distracted...

itsmepollyb said...

Did I tell you that a few weeks ago I called my credit card company to find out what the new expiration date on my card was because I thought I had an old one? She asked what date it said on my card and I told her, "3/09." "Ma'am," she said, "that's next year." We all have those days.

julie martin said...

similar to aunt sandi's sentiments, i'm convinced that somehow when we breast feed our babies, they suck the brain cells right out of us.

Unknown said...

oh, i totally understand...life as a Seinfeld episode!
Persevere....it's all funnier later!

tommysmommy said...

So glad I'm not the only mom that feels that way! and to think, I only have one, yikes!!