Monday, September 7, 2009

new way of life

so it's our first day on our own. grandpa and grandma left yesterday. i spent the day weepy. being labor day matt has taken a little break...still studying, just not quite as much.

we're well on our way around here. my recovery from the c-section was the best and quickest so far. BUT as i was just starting to feel a very tiny bit normal, i got bronchitis. yep. imagine trying to cough, spasming your abdomen - as it tries to go back together. fire. pure fire.

so we had some set backs. i finished my antibiotics today, still coughing, but am so much stronger. it doesn't take two people and 4 hands pushing on my abdomen to make the cough bearable.

sophia is doing great. nursing like crazy, sleeping like a champ. her brother and sister fight to hold her every day. yesterday at dinner isaiah popped off with, 'i love sophia so much!' alaythia gets right up in her face and tries to tickle her. she gets so overwhelmed she just says, 'hi! hi! hi!' over and over.

me...i'm convinced that i'm screwing them all up. i'm too hard on the firstborn, the second is so content i feel bad that i'm not paying enough attention to her, and feel like i'm not holding the newborn enough. i know it's gonna take me a bit to get three figured out. i know i will, and i'm trying to give myself grace as it hasn't even been two weeks yet. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia is so well loved!! What a blessing.
Sending love,
LaVonne

Shana Stringer said...

Your kids are so stinking adorable. Girl seriously when you get that figured all out please share. I can use all the wisdom with one.

Christi said...

Oh, my c-section scar is seriously stinging right now thinking about how painful that must have been!!

I hear you with balancing the three...I think that part gets much easier. Once in awhile Max and Caden ask me to go away so they can have "Guy Time" and then I know we're doing okay. that everyone is feeling secure in their role.

Anonymous said...

Nat when I had Ellia I had a lot of those feelings like I wasn't doing it right by her or by Jaxon. An older mom at MOPS shared a verse from Psalms about how the Shepherd leads those with young gently. Her devotional thought was on how extra grace for the day was extended to moms of young ones and we need to extend that grace to ourselves. Not sure exactly to all the theology of that but the practical piece of the advice made that verse a staple in my days and extending grace to myself. Praying for grace for you!
Carolyn Dettori

Adina Caskey said...

I feel you Natalie! I never feel like I can give my children ALL that I would like to give them. My guess is that that is just the nature of having this many blessings. . .and all the more reason I need God's grace and Spirit filling me and giving me wisdom on what I should be doing with my children to meet their needs and parent them as God desires! You are doing an amazing job from what I see, Natalie! God HAS been giving you lots of grace and your children seem to be adjusting very well. . .that is perhaps the BEST indicator of how you are doing! Rest in God's great blessings, HE will minister to their hearts, and trust HIM to fill the gaps of your human mothering!

Such beautiful pics again!!

Dianne said...

Absolute sweetness!!!! Matt & Nat you have such a beautiful family! Makes me teary with joy to see the pictures and read the stories! Nat, Glad you are getting well, can't imagine how increbibly painful coughing was. So very thankful you are better! Love you so much, Dianne

julie martin said...

once again, the cuteness in those pictures is overwhelming!

what joy there must be in your house!

so sorry about your hellish cough. that's horrible!

doesn't alaythia seem huge now?

love you!