Friday, July 2, 2010

together

we did it. all the kids have transitioned into sleeping together in one room. sophia has been sleeping really well and everyone is healthy right now. we have visitors coming in a week. even though sleep was coming easy, we took the chance and made the change.

that room has become my favorite room in the house.

i love seeing our crib. we have not had it set up since we moved to kentucky - i have missed it. we picked it out before isaiah was born, and it now has held all my babies. their are teeth marks from when isaiah would bite it, there are bumps and scratches from each move. it's not pristine anymore, it shows the wear and tear of being used and moved. but it's ours. i can picture each baby with their face popping over the side. and sophia is no different. sophia loves her big bed and especially loves seeing her brother and sister across the room who are all to willing to coo and comfort her.

i love to walk into the room at night after they all are asleep. by only the light of the night light i can study their soft faces, see their bodies sprawled every which way, watch their chests rise and fall in rhythm. peaceful, rejuvenating sleep. and i love the smell. warm and sweet. a mixture of each of their own individual smells.

i love to lay in bed and know that they all are in one room - together. my life all safe and secure. for some reason it has made me think of the day when they won't all be asleep under my roof. when i won't go to sleep knowing exactly where they are...just feet from me. and it has made me thankful. thankful for this time of life.

4 comments:

Christi said...

I love this description.

Anonymous said...

Good, rich things of life.
I can picture them all in various states of slumber.

Hugs/love to all
Bev

Shana Stringer said...

awww that makes me so sad i want to cry thinking of truett

alanmcs said...

exquisitely beautiful writing dear natalie. this one cut me to the core, as right now, it is the fourth of july and i have no idea how bobes is spending her day. and tessa will be leaving our home on august 10.

these days you are in--these are the days, right now. that full quiver, everyone loving each other, for the most part. enjoy every moment! and take lots of pictures! the pictures i have of all four of mine together when they were little are becoming more and more precious to me now.