Friday, June 25, 2010

10 months

sophia has made huge strides this month physically! she got her first tooth...finally! and she's working on 5 more literally. (just take a close look at the picture at the bottom of the st. louis post for proof.)

she started pulling up on things all herself and cruising around. she will take off like a bullet if you hold her hands and help her walk. i would love it if she got off her hands and knees and started walking...it can't come soon enough for me! she will spend hours standing up and then falling down on her tush. she's so proud of herself, but she also thinks it's fun. she can get from the crawling position to the sitting position all on her own.

she's full of 'mama' and 'dada' which absolutely melts our hearts.

she doesn't want anything to do with pureed baby food anymore. has to have texture and she likes to do it herself. she loves to eat whatever is on my plate.

she is getting old enough to play 'with' her siblings. the other day i was peeking in on the girls while they were in the playroom and i saw them sitting facing each other hugging and laughing, pushing and then laughing.

i am in love with her smallness, how she curls up in my lap. her sweet face, soft cheeks and wet kisses. her laugh and her hands that pat me. i am starting to miss the baby-ness already. we're almost to the end of baby years in this house... on one hand i'm thrilled, and sometimes i don't feel ready at all.

sweet sophia, you continue to be my joy.

2 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I can't believe I'm missing all of Sophia's babyhood. I'm so sad!

Did Aunt Linda tell you we're pregnant again? This was a surprise baby, so watch out, it could happen to you. I was sure I was done....

Love you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh Soph a loaf!!
It is going so fast.
Love what she is up to.

Bev