Wednesday, January 16, 2008

4 days over due

i know it's say what wednesday....but i'm thinking about changing it. i have a friend that does wordless wednesday...just a picture. i don't know. i'm distracted, thinking on other things. making 'big' decisions for the blog will have to wait.

i feel like i'm 4 days overdue and waiting to go into labor. knowing that at any minute my life could change, altering it's course forever. and so i wait. is this the moment? i find myself daydreaming about what it will be like. will we celebrate? will we sit in silence?

yes, it's past january 15th which means we're officially in that time of "mid to end of january". at any moment we could hear from wheaton or duke about PhD programs. may not seem like a big deal to you. but it's been a dream for so many years, it's where the next several years of my life will be spent.

i'm completely distracted, thoughts elsewhere, going through life in a fog. the only thing that brings me back to this moment is the fact that my son starts school tomorrow....more on that later.

6 comments:

Sherri Price said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri Price said...

The decision to begin a formal education (or not) for your little man and the waiting for the answer of what could be the final steps of a formal education for "YOUR MAN" ~ I get it...it's a huge deal! Interesting bookends at this time in your life. Huge lessons in faith and faithfulness. Can't wait to hear what happens! Praying for you!
Love,
Sherri

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Can't wait to hear the news. I get it. I wonder too about Greg's job, and moving and what will be there for us.

(I'm considering going back to school too.)

And Isaiah in preschool? I can't wait to hear about that too.

Christi said...

I'm pretty sure that's where I was a few months ago. It's so unsettling...one day you are here, the next you are headed in a completely different direction. I was so jealous of those people with stable lives.

Your character is building with every day of your reliance on Him!

julie martin said...

such a huge thing you're waiting for! your destiny for the next 3 or 4 years. no wonder you're in a fog! we are praying for you and waiting to hear when you hear!

i loved my time with you guys. too short, but precious still.

can't wait to hear about how school went for isaiah!

Laura said...

We're praying for you guys and love you so much! Can't imagine how cute Isaiah was going to school. It's hard to believe he's old enough for that!
Love,
Matt & Laura