Thursday, January 3, 2008

holiday recap

december 21st really? is that how long it's been since my last post? to my faithful readers i'm sorry. the holidays, lots of family, travel...all to much for blogging.


how to sum up the holidays? where to begin. it was filled with lots of family with the hendrix gathering for the actual day and then us heading to california to be with the godshall's.


the kids:
they were both showered with gifts, play time and attention over the holidays. they got great time with all of their family. but last night i realized that my children have a warped sense of reality.

we knew we had stayed at papa and gg's long enough when our sweet boy stopped being grateful for the immense amount he was being given. and when in response to how they were ever going to live without him he said, 'well, sorry, i have to go.' we were sad to leave papa and gg's but a little kid can only live in the 'center of the grandparents world' so long. or so i thought.


as we walked out of the airport last night i could see grandma in the front seat of the van bouncing and waving both hands as fast as she could...showing just how eager she was to see him. it was then that i realized that he actually wasn't leaving the 'center of the grandparent world'. he just changed grandparent worlds.


matt:
it was a much needed break for matt. when matt's in the middle of things breaks do not come easy. it was great for all of us to see him have time to let down, play video games, read some of his new books he got for christmas and just be. he's back in the swing of thing, one more application to get in this week and then we'll just wait.


me:

as i think about my holidays it was filled with me finding out more about myself. as i live in my world of staying home with my kids, running a household, mostly just being me and my kids, there are things about myself that i don't encounter on a daily basis. but put me with extended family and different things start to come out. i wrestled hard, invited matt in and tried to reach some conclusions. i'm not done, but i'm grateful to the Lord for bringing things to my attention.

2 comments:

itsmepollyb said...

When Christmas was over it was a huge sense of relief to get back to normal life after all that company. Now that I've lived normal life for a few days, I'm ready for another holiday. ..and a garage sale. Grandparents certainly enjoy the spoiling, don't they!

julie martin said...

great to hear about your holidays. as you know, i missed your blogs and am glad to have you back in cyberspace. can't wait to see you all next week and hopefully get one of alaythia's sweet kisses!