Monday, August 4, 2008

moving musings

matt and mark made it to utah last night. they will be in wyoming within the hour and will end the day in nebraska.

while i don't envy the fact that they have to drive for 4 days, i do wish i could see the country. getting my mind around just how far we are going.

i find myself looking at my kids faces more. kissing them and holding them tight. everywhere i look it's people i have to say goodbye to. but not them. i can look at their faces and know that those 2 faces will stay with me.

as hard as it is to say good bye i can feel myself getting excited about living in kentucky, which is a good thing. i've been so paralyzed by the dread that lays in front of me with having to say good bye, i haven't been able to see past that. but slowly, and as the day nears, the excitement grows.

someone said to me a couple days go how amazing it was that i was giving up everything to go and pursue matt's dream. it took me by surprise. because honestly, i don't see it as matt's dream, i see it as our dream. i thank the Lord for his faithfulness to us in making our dreams the same. if matt wasn't going to get his PhD, i would be devastated. and as i said to my family the other night, though it is one of the hardest things i'll ever have to do to say good bye to them, i don't go kicking and screaming. i go happily. and though i realize we're taking the kids far away from all of their family, i believe that it's worth it for them to know that daddy is our leader, our head and where he goes, we go to.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

right on!!!!!

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I'm proud of you Nat! I actually really enjoyed Kentucky the two times I was there. You should go to the Lousiville Slugger Museum (they make the bats there too), and to Shaker Village-an old fashioned town. Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you in these days ahead as you embark on a new adventure as a family. Call me or write if you need to chat...I understand 'dreaming together' & moving! Love ya, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Nat,
It is so like the Lord to provide just what we need at exactly the moment we need it. I'm grateful for His continued faithfulness. That He never changes even we start to flounder in our emotions.
I look forward to see how that unfolds in the days, weeks and even years ahead. To hear of all the ways He is present in the day to day routine of your new life.
I suddenly thought of Isaiah singing that verse: He gives and takes away. He gives and takes away....yet my (our) hearts will choose to say blessed be the name of the Lord. Much love to all of you. Bev

Maddie said...

Nat! I know you will love it there in"Whoville". Ill be praying for a safw trip and, i know God will be there evry step of the way. You will love it!

I love you and i miss you TONS!

Christi said...

When you get there you'll be staring at those sweet faces even more, SO grateful that God put them in your life and that for now they go wherever you go. It makes everything okay.

Anonymous said...

I remember just a short time ago you left southern ca. That was also a hard chapter to close. But you started a new one in the beautiful northwest and your story continued. In each setting God has shown his goodness to your family over and over again. The next chapter seems to be set in a far off land where His goodness awaits you again.
Some people only have one or two chapters at the end of their lives. Your story will be so rich and you will look back in awe.
Aunt Lydia