Sunday, August 3, 2008

the move is on

so matt and his dad drove away this morning with a 24 foot budget truck, pulling the car on a trailor.

the kids and i are left in 'our home' sleeping in borrowed pak n plays and aero beds until wednesday. with enough clothes to put in our suitcases to take on the plane. somehow i suddenly feel like in a guest in my parents home...

we started the good byes and i'm already cried out. i know it can never happen, but i wonder if i would ever run out of tears. it's been a long couple months of crying....

cool moments though in the midst of it. i'm thankful for the moments.

5 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm beginning to wonder if I will see you before you board that plane.

Godspeed, Godshall.

You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Christi said...

Oh, wow, this is going to be such a weird week for you!! I will be thinking about you tons and praying that you are able to lean on God when you aren't feeling so steady. It's just a season, right?

Laina Diane said...

so, the adventure begins. I hope you're able to remember the sweet moments. May your faith increase each day.

PS. Do you think you could post that video that Adam made? I'd love to see it. And that picture of our dads is priceless. What a couple of suckers. haha

julie martin said...

you have had lots of practice at the moving/crying thing. knowing that God goes with you and provides you with community every new place He takes you. i'm so glad you are looking forward to your new life in kentucky and that you and matt are one!

Unknown said...

sad for you and all your family members...I know you guys are all a huge part of each other's lives.

A long tie ago, it was your dad that told you (and then you told me), to enjoy the fellowhsip while you have it...to be thankful for it and enjoy it, rather than bemoan how often you don't have it. It was such GOOD advice.
and now, I pray you have enjoyed it while you had it and will be thankful when you have it again (and that you find a new community that feels like family). :)
I am jealous of every group of people that you live near...i always wish it was me...guess I need to heed your dad's advice :)