Thursday, September 18, 2008

pixie girl

i was trying to finish up work when alaythia woke up from her nap. i gave her a snack and put her on the floor across from me, hoping to buy myself a few more minutes. she was sweaty, puffy and rosie cheeked from her long nap. i looked up from the computer and there she sat, quiet, still, eating her snack, enjoying every bite, every so often picking up her cup to take a drink.

it was one of those moments. i was totally taken with her. i smiled and she smiled back. she put a snack in her mouth like a show off and made a funny face. no work was as important as taking this moment in.

i crawled over to her. kissed her, and ran my fingers through her dandelion hair. i found peanut butter residue...a result of the decision to balance the peanut butter side of her sandwich on top of her head at lunch time. her hair stayed standing as i played with it.

i wanted to stop time. the quiet, just the two of us, looking at each other. her smooth skin...her expressive face. i snapped a ton of pictures in hopes of being able to go back and 'have' that moment forever. i just couldn't take her all in at that moment, i couldn't get enough.

pictures never do justice, but here are some of my favorites.

3 comments:

julie martin said...

oh my word. i can hardly stand it just looking at the pictures! you captured that post-nap puffiness so beautifully. love this!

Unknown said...

that miiight be on eof my favorite posts....you really made me feel your moment. thanx. it was a cool one.

Laura said...

Oh,that sweet girl! I just want to kiss her!