Thursday, November 6, 2008

no chains required

i got a call from my sister-in-law on tuesday. she was out of breath and the first words out of her mouth were...'now don't get your hopes up.' not a good way to start out, i do just the opposite.

her husband is a wizard. he can find anything, cheaper, faster and more efficiently than anyone i have ever come in contact with. she is off work for a week...unexpectedly...and he found a good deal to get her out to kentucky.

a few hours later she called and barely squeaked out, 'I'M COMING TO SEE YOU!'

my kids watched with wide eyes as i screamed, jumped and squealed back, 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!'

laura and caleb arrive today. it wasn't even enough time to make a chain. and they'll stay for a week.

i'll admit, i've been down. i'm trying to stay afloat. it's a battle. moment by moment. God is good in his timing, in his abundance...allowing laura and caleb to come and be with us.

and thanks wizard, for working your magic. giving of your money, time and them. we are oh so very grateful.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

woo hoo!!!!!!
that's so great!
I'm jealous...I have been looking for flights though. :)

Anonymous said...

Pictures! I want Pictures!
Love, Aunt Sandi :)

julie martin said...

there's another angel-man named matt.

tommysmommy said...

Yeah!! I love it!! You have such an awesome family! You girls have a great time : )

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys to have this week. Have so much fun!

~The Wizard :)

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless. Enjoy every minute.

Bev