Tuesday, November 11, 2008

things we've learned...

...weejsh means starfish. one of alaythia's mystery words has been discovered through much determination from her auntie laura. now to find out what shook means.
...boys will be boys. running, slamming their bodies onto the couch, bed or floor. chasing each other, or having paper towel wars with every roll in the house. alaythia in the mean time, wants to put on make-up or play with her baby doll.
...living life with other mother's of young kids is sharpening. it's good because you get ideas, you see into someone elses world and take the good things that you see. it's bad because as mother's (laura and i both confessed to this at one point) we compare. my kid doesn't do this, i should do that, she's doing it better than me.
...laura is a great friend. it's not something i've 'learned' during this trip, just been reminded of...again.
...it only takes a second to send us flying back to college years. one late night laura and i found ourselves hysterically laughing in the dark...just like in college...except there was 3 babies around us that we were trying to be quiet for. not my strong suit - as college roommates will give testimony to.

5 comments:

Christi said...

Oh, to be your college roommate...I'm so sad I had to miss that experience in life.

Unknown said...

hahhaha
your laugh (and the many shades of it) is one of the top 10 greatest things about (there's also the sides of you that are kind, wise, tenderhearted, truthful, strong, soft...etc). Even the remembrance of your laugh has made me start laughing outloud, by myself over the years.
I offer you 'good luck' trying to not laugh in the middle of the night when you start getting the 'giggles' :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're all having so much fun! Can't wait to see the pictures and watch the video!

matt

tommysmommy said...

I remember that laugh!!! and I know how contagious it is, did the kids catch it!!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Is it wrong that you mention college and I get all nostalgic?

Mine is closing this year and I drove by it today and felt so sad.

Glad you had a great visit.