Thursday, November 20, 2008

not too bad...

we're here. although today is the first day that i feel like i can really think. the past 2 days have been trying to survive. where i am i? what time is it? i'm tired.

the kids did marvelously. really, really stepped up. but a 3 and half hour layover in an airport, the last leg...well, why do they not make airports just a LITTLE more kid friendly? they were being kids, but it had been 13 hours of travel by then so mommy was a bit at the end. they weren't being terrible, but it was just everything coming to a head.

we flew a little tiny plane on our last leg. alaythia was done and she was kicking and screaming and flailing. we hadn't even taken off and people were already pissed at me. (please be kind to people flying with children). i broke and started to cry. isaiah, he's very sensitive, and he wasn't screaming, but normal tone for a 3 year old is pretty loud on a plane.

'mommy! why are you crying! what's wrong?!' i quickly got it together because the embarrassement quickly over took the feeling of being at my end.

it was an adventure, and we did have fun together...but i'm glad daddy will be with us on the way home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason I never went anywhere when the kids were little!
Just think how it is with Amy and Aaron, flying those international legs with three (and now four) Children! Yikes!
Looking forward to seeing you all-
Aunt Sandi :)

Unknown said...

good job for getting everyone to your destination!
Sorry for lamos on the plane... just like how my grandmother reassured the mom in church with the loud kid, I try hard to offer a smile or help to traveling single parents. I can barely get myself anywhere, let alone having to do it with kids and all their paraphenalia...I am growing in compassion :)

I hope you guys have a great time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie,

I was just thinking "I need to call and find out how she's doing" when I thought I'd check your blog first ;). Crazy Techno world we live in. After finding out you were home (I'm assuming), I thought I'd comment and call you when you are back. Hope you are having too much fun!

Anonymous said...

Many times when I fly I will purposely sit next to a young mom with a child for just that reason. I don't mind the activity and I can usually help out some. Just know that some of those eyes staring at you were wondering how they could help.
Love you guys!
Aunt Lydia