Friday, November 14, 2008

yes, yes she did

'whoa dog' has been a part of my vocabulary since college i think. as i was putting alaythia to bed a couple days ago, her baby doll fell out of her hands. 'whoa dog!' she exclaimed... did my one and half year old daughter just say 'whoa dog?' yes, yes she did.

when there is a captive audience, a lot like how i was when i was little, alaythia will perform. sing, dance...put on shows. she's started already. singing and dancing with the microphone in hand, twisting and twirling for all who will watch. did my one and a half year old daughter just sing and dance and then ask to watch the movie of it when she was done? yes, yes she did.

matt has been trying to get up early in the morning to study. i think alaythia can sense when he wakes up early. she rises early with him too. isaiah got up an hour or so later and while he was eating breakfast and matt was on the couch, alaythia quitely went around the corner. isaiah called for her several times, she didn't answer, no toys were clinking. matt started calling for her...nothing. finally matt decided that he needed to find her. so he got up and just as he turned around the corner out she ran from the dark bathroom 'RRRROOOAAARR!' did my one and a half year old daughter just wait silently in a dark bathroom only to run out and scare someone? yes, yes she did.

i'll admit, for a long time i didn't want a girl, cause i didn't want a little me...but come to find out, it's pretty fun having another female in the house who loves what i love. don't get me wrong, i don't want her to be ALL like me...but so far, it's been fun!

9 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

The fun - and I mean that in the best way - is just beginning.

My friend Jen calls Lexi a mini-me; sometimes I find that disconcerting because I'd love to save her some of my hang ups.

But they are our flesh and blood, and baby, that stuff runs deep.

Unknown said...

:)
hee hee...wish I could be there to watch it and then laugh my face off.

Jake Hendrix said...

this kind of had the rhythm of a obama speech...yes we can....yes, yes she did

Laura said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe she hid and scared everyone. I still vividly remember you hiding in my closet in college. :) I miss you guys so much!

julie martin said...

oh my goodness. "whoa, dog." ??

it is only just beginning!

i wonder if she will yell her guts out at sporting event too? hope so!

Unknown said...

I agree Jake... Maybe Alaythia is the change this country needs. Yes, Yes She Can!

Maddie said...

wow already scaring people! What will she do when she babysits people nat!??? haha!!

Love you!

<3

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I love the jumping out of the bathroom. That is so you. I hope she has your laugh too...I miss hearing your laugh, friend. :)

Heidi said...

This was so fun to read!! I can't believe she was hiding in the dark at such a young age...crazy how the little ones have so much of us in them from the get go!!!=0) Wish I could have seen her do it!

And do you still say "Oh my word?" Because I still say that from our days together!=0)