Sunday, April 12, 2009

growing up girl

we were outside yesterday, the usual gang playing. one of the mom's came out to paint her nails while the kids played. alaythia was glued to what she was doing. i had offered a couple days ago to paint her nails, but she wanted nothing to do with it. but something about rachel doing it, it just clicked with alaythia yesterday.

rachel asked if it was okay. it was. although i wished it was me doing it. but alaythia wanted rachel to do it, a grown up girl thing. so i stood behind and watched as her finger nails got painted for the first time.

i guess she's ready to go with the girls when we go out to get maincures!

this morning she begged me for make up. i gave her some eye shadow, only to find her a couple minutes later with it all over her nose. it was pretty cute. she's all girl and growing up fast!

rachel and alaythia


mommy got to examine them after they were done.

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Hi Natalie. Thanks for the comment over on my blog. I'm glad I have your blog address now. I've actually been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now, but haven't commented yet. Figured I should jump in and say something so that I'm no longer a silent stalker! :)
Alaythia's finger nails are so cute!