Tuesday, April 7, 2009

grandma and grandpa's visit

we had a chain all set up for grandma and grandpa's arrival. the day arrived and seemed to crawl in anticipation. we were at the gate ready to welcome them. the kids ran, one to each grandparent.

we loved showing them our town, our church, our friends. the kids ate up every second with them. i think the harder thing was them transitioning back to matt and i after new york. they had so much fun with grandpa and grandma they never even called us while we were away.

last night as i was putting alaythia to bed she said, 'grandpa, grandma?' i said, 'oh honey, they're not here.' 'why?' 'well their house is far, far away. ' she paused and said, 'i want them.' i told her i understood and she asked in her sweetest voice 'please??' as if i had a choice and was keeping them from her.

one my favorite moments was watching my dad read to isaiah and alaythia. he grabbed some of their favorite books and then changed the story as he read to them. the kids thought his changes were hilarious. watch for yourself.



13 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Those sweet laughs! I love their voices....

Elise said...

Oh my goodness...that is adorable! i love the little giggles...

Anonymous said...

even though i was there, i still can't get enough of Isaiah's laugh and Lathie's smiles. Watched the video 10 times already and you just posted it.
Yamma (gramma)

Robin Jones Gunn said...

HA!!!! I am going to watch this a hundred times! I laughed as hard as Isaiah! I think LUKE should jump into the business of writing kids books. He's a natural. His pen name can be "Senor Frickafrack"!

Christi said...

You can't help but completely giggle along...I love that!

Jaime said...

This video was theraputic and such a joy - thanks for sharing! The delight in your children's faces and laughter is beautiful. We miss you guys and Audrey was just asking the other day if we could "PLEASE go to Isaiah's house soon."

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!!!
as I watched that video, I rubbed my hands together in my excited way and laughed ...and wished that we could hang out all the time!

julie martin said...

what can i say? killed me.

ellyr said...

laughing . . . and crying! I love the laughter, the way Alaythia's eyes scrunch up . . . so beautiful!
PRICELESS!

Laina Diane said...

That's the sweetest thing. made my night!

Dianne said...

omgoodness! Happy tears to hear the laughter, tears that pull at the heart strings for Alaythia's missing her grandparents. Love you blog! So thankful you had such a delightful time in New York! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That was so precious and you were so smart to capture it on video. You'll love that forever.
Ricky is here and he said hearing kids' laughter make him smile, not to mention, get out of bed.
So glad you loved the home of my heart, NYC. Connie

Chastidy Ann said...

This was so sweet I got tears in my eyes. I love the giggle!