Saturday, April 25, 2009

thoughts on leaving

these past couples days i was away on a business trip. it feels weird even typing those words.

i love my job. love it. it allows me to stay at home with my kids and provide some income for my family. i love working with the authors that i do. i believe in what they're doing, and get to see first hand the ministry and difference they make in the kingdom of heaven.

it was only recently that i started traveling with them on occasion. i left early thursday morning and came back early this morning (saturday). it was a good trip, lots of ministry done. lives touched. i drove 3.5 hours to get to where we were going. so i had a lot of alone car time, to think and to process.

some of my thoughts:

-it's nice to have a change of pace. to stay in nice hotels and eat out every meal. to dress up and stay clean the entire day through. to wear fancy shoes and be professional. but that's what it is. a change. the real me, the real life that i love is full of messy diapers and messy hair. food stained clothes and dirty kids. when i'm gone from it, i miss it. (although i'll be honest, transitioning back into it...is always a little hard).
-i love my husband. being connected. not being alone. doing what we're doing. i love my life with him.
-louisville feels like home. ah! can you even believe i said that? i'll tell you, when i drove over the river this morning and saw the skyline i thought, 'it's nice to be home'. it's the absolute first time i've thought this since moving 8 months ago. (wow is that all?) but honestly, i like this city, these people, my budding life here.
-when i thought i would go and give, give, give. God gave back to me. standing in a bookstore, talking with a woman, she gave me a piece of what she had learned as a mother. she didn't know my story, didn't know the stage of my life. and yet, here she was, speaking things that applied to and penetrated my heart. i'll be the first to admit i'm hormonal, but there i was crying and thanking her for sharing because she imparted such timely and wise counsel for me.

as i have thought about the time, i have once again be overwhelmed with God's rich blessing in all parts of my life. i don't deserve it, but i'm so thankful for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Natalie, you are so right! The Lord is always so good to us. How can we ever question His love for us.
Aunt Lydia