Friday, August 14, 2009

an accurate picture

i've been hit hard with the reality of what things are like around here.

i got the kids lunch, they were sitting at the table eating. matt walked out of his study and came into the kitchen. before i set in our lunch i stopped and gave him a hug. we stood there, enjoying the moment. we tend to have nano swarmers (as we like to call them) as soon as we touch they are like magnets at our feet and legs. anyway, we were hugging and my back was to the kids. alaythia says, 'mommy, why are you crying?'

yeah, apparently, they have seen me crying and hugging daddy a lot lately. reality number one.

we were given a shower last night by our community group. (more on that to come). i took my time getting ready, doing my hair and putting on all my make-up. when i was done, isaiah walked into the room and stared at me. he got a smile on his face and said, 'mommy, i like your eye lashes...your eye lashes look good.'

oh dear, how bad have i looked if my 4 year old can notice how different i look when i put make-up on? reality number two.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Haven't been here for at least two weeks. You are all so in the forefront of my thoughts. Loved catching up, reading abut life and the blessings of..... Praying, waiting.... Love, Auntie Dianne