Sunday, August 23, 2009

fighter verses

john piper gives his congregation fighter verses. they are for all sorts of things in life.

i claimed my own for this time coming up.

'I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.' Psalm 16:8 (NLT)

and a friend shared these these with me. i think i'll write it out and have it available to read in the those hours leading up.

'Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.' Phil. 4:6-7 (The Message)

amazing huh? the Word of the Lord is powerful.

2 comments:

w said...

Nat, your writing is always so encouraging to me; God speaks to me even while you work out your own fears. I'll be praying for you this week while you welcome Sophia into your world!

Sherri Price said...

Fight on, friend! I've been praying for you and will continue to pray as Sophia physically joins your family tomorrow and can be seen and held by all of you. The tough part will be over soon and many precious, wonderful moments await! Love, Sherri