Wednesday, February 10, 2010

back by popular demand

well, that may be an overstatement...'popular demand'. but it was a request, and recently i began (again) saving those nuggets of crazy speech that come out of my kids.

say what?! wednesday

i hate to admit it. i swore that it would never be this way. but unfortunately, mommy and daddy's room is the last room in the house to get clean. and the way life is right now, that means it pretty much never is clean. keeping up with the rest of the house keeps me plenty busy.

well i had enough one day and decided if nothing else got done that day - that would be fine - as long as our room was clean at the end of it. it happened, and as i was at the last step vacuuming the room, alaythia ran in, stopped in her tracks and proclaimed,

'mom! you're a genius! you cleaned your room. good job mom.'

8 comments:

Rachel Lundy said...

That is way too funny! Thanks for the laugh. :D

w said...

That is hilarious coming from Alaythia! I know-- I never even go in my room except to crash in the dark at the end of the day! I get dressed in a hurry in the morning...the room gets messy fast!

Unknown said...

You are a genius!

Thanks for bringing it back. Glad that my opinion counts enough to be considered "popular demand."

Love to you.

Sherri Price said...

I missed those blogs on Wednesday! Glad they're back. Alaythia is quite the encourager! :-)

Heather Schumacher said...

I love it!

CourtChris said...

Alaythia has a way with words! I still say to Chris "Oh, you so cute!" as she said to me when I was there. I can just picture her walking out of the bedroom with her little handbag and stylish hat ready for dinner. xo

Shana Stringer said...

that is so adorable, i can't wait for truett to be in that stage of life

Laura said...

so cute! Love that sweet girl! Our room is the same way.

Caleb's say what Wednesday would be...

Mommy: can I have a kiss?
Caleb: No, mommy, sometimes we don't get what we want.