Friday, February 26, 2010

happy birthday alaythia!

you are three today. you are my beautiful, strong, confident first born daughter. i love your crazy hair and your crazy talk. i love that you know what you want.


i love to tickle you and snuggle with you (you're the best snuggler). i love to sing with you and scare people with you.


i love that you do whatever it is that you want. i know sometimes you get in trouble for that...for doing things you shouldn't. but i love that you don't care what others think. i love that you are unaffected by people around you.

you are truth and grace all bottled up into one. you are living up to your name.


you push me alaythia. to be a better mommy, to be a better follower of Jesus. to never stop learning how to love you.

you amaze me still, three years after i saw your face for the first time. i often catch myself just staring at you...amazed that you are mine.


my heart is full because of the gift you are to me. to our entire family.

1 comment:

tommysmommy said...

happy birthday!! thank you Nat for sharing such beautiful words with all you children for us to read.