Wednesday, August 18, 2010

doing shows

when i was little i loved putting on shows. i was the boss, i was in charge. it didn't matter who was around, i would convince you it was the right thing to do - and we would spend a lot of time working on a 'show' to present to the parents. most often than not, my little brothers were the ones that i choreographed.

as an example, when my dad graduated from college, we threw a huge party and what did i want to do for it? a show...for the entire party. i would not be denied. i lip synced to charity church mouse singing 'o happy day' -- with my brothers and a neighbor boy as back up dancers. (wouldn't you love to see that video now!)

i think it's safe to say i spent the majority of my childhood 'doing shows'.

today we spent the day at home and at one point started a dance party. alaythia picked up a wii remote as a microphone and started lip syncing to the song. i thought it would be fun to show the grandparents so i went into the other room to get the camera.

by the time i came back i had it all planned out. alaythia would be in the front as the singer, i would put isaiah on the couch behind her, raised up...a back up dancer. i moved the flowers so i could get a great angle. i told them to hold still until i had the music going. we had to do several takes because of their talking and goofing off.

and then it hit me.

i'm 31 years old and it's different people i'm choreographing, but the reality is, i'm still doing shows for my mommy and daddy.

6 comments:

Christi said...

hahahahahaaha....oh man, this made me laugh so hard. You and I could put on the best show ever!

By the way, we just downloaded all of the Psalty albums, oh the memories with Harmony, Melody, Charity Churchmouse...

tommysmommy said...

love it!! i'm sure they do to!!

Unknown said...

Nat. I guarantee if I was there, I'd be in the background... keeping perfect time. Better than everyone else.

CourtChris said...

I'd pay big money to see video of you directing and performing shows. Little Nat orchestrating the brothers... Love it.

Heather Schumacher said...

So great! Jer and I were talking just last week about getting our hands on some Salty tapes for car rides. :) I too wish I could see the younger you video.

Heidi said...

Love it Natalie! What a cute memory and realization! =0)I love your blog btw...it's one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing!