Sunday, May 4, 2008

late night musings

it's late. i should be in bed. maybe it was all the diet coke i drank. maybe that coffee wasn't decaf after all.

i'm sitting in the living room, listening to the hum of the dishwasher...in the pitch dark. the light of the computer is on the verge of blinding my eyes. everyone is asleep, for now.

conversations that i need to have, conversations that i shouldn't have had, all rolling around in my head. i can't put my mind to rest. so complicated...so unable to make sense or fix it all, or any of it for that matter.

i need to make progress, but i just seem to be running in circles. keeping my head above water, and making due...but not making progress. tomorrow will probably be the same.

i'm sure i'll wake up in the morning and think about this post and wonder why i decided to type out my jumbled thoughts to the masses.

progress, for now.

5 comments:

julie martin said...

love this post. i can hear the hum of the dishwasher, and of your thoughts. thanks for sharing with us.

itsmepollyb said...

I have two thoughts:
1. We know we're old when after 11 somehow becomes strangely late to be up. There were days in college when I didn't leave to go out until 11!
2. I'm going to invent a Blog program with a 10p curfew. Anything written after 10 must be re-approved in the morning (after a good night's sleep) before actually being posted for others to read.

Christi said...

I think this is the start of some great lyrics for the Godshall band's next hit.

Sturdy Girl said...

Some of the best musings come in the dark, when you can't do anything else, but just get up and write! I see a great future in writing for you.
Thanks

Unknown said...

i totally get it. :)