Wednesday, May 7, 2008

lucky number 21

man i've had the day. i talked to my sister in law, laura, half way through the event. all we could do was laugh.

for my last post being about not making progress...well i shot that to pieces today.

as i sat at dinner, delirious, i counted literally, how many times i got the kids in and out of the car.

in -- counts for one.
out -- counts for one.

are you ready? i got the kids in and out of the car 21 times today. no joke.

--but alaythia has a clean bill of health at her post op.
--isaiah doesn't have a broken foot. (yes, i know, you didn't even know i thought he had one). but 2 sets of xrays later we're sure of it.
--we went out to lunch.
--frantically searched through the restaurant for happy feet as he freaked out that he thought he had lost him.
--shopped and mailed for mother's day.
--oh yeah, and crunched my stroller as i forgot it was behind my van and backed OVER it. good thing my kids weren't in it!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness...I am cracking up - somehow it is so much more funny when it isn't me. But just picturing the stroller makes me giggle more.

Your biceps must be HUGE!

Laura said...

Sounds like it just got better after I talked to you. What a crazy day! I can't believe you lost happy feet and crunched the stroller! Hoping you have a restful evening and a better day tomorrow.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be an overly concerned uncle, but...if in the car is one and out is two, then if the day ended with 21...are the kids still in the car?! Just wondering...maybe someone should check.

Uncle Garry

natalie said...

oh...i guess i was more fried then i thought i was. no the kids slept happily in their beds. thanks uncle garry for the laugh...even if it was at myself!