Thursday, September 20, 2007

10 minutes of fun

maybe it's that i've been on the couch for two days. maybe it's because it's just who i am and i knew one day it would come out.

deep in me there is a great desire to scare. i LOVE to scare people. and there is nothing that makes me laugh more than to watch someone get scared. i have held off with isaiah for obvious reasons. i'm his mother, if i made it a habit of scaring him he would be seriously messed up.

but like i said, maybe it's the fact that i've been laying horizontal on the couch for two days sicker than a dog and i have all this pent up energy.

i started to feel better tonight, i have like 10 minute spurts of feeling good and then i'm laid out again. so as isaiah walked past me i roared and grabbed for him. his little body shook, laughed and said, 'doe, doe, don't do that mommy.'

i was sitting on the floor with alaythia and as he walked by again i grabbed him and tickled him. the next time he had to walk past me, he went all the way around the house to avoid me.

matt called for him and i told him i wouldn't touch him if he came by, debating in my mind if i would or not. matt could see it in my eyes having been a victim of my double speak before. he looked and me with a serious stare and said, 'don't touch him.' he walked by and i resisted.

the boys went upstairs to get ready for bed. the bathroom door was closed, teeth brushing going on behind it....i couldn't resist. i flung the door open and roared again. they both shook this time and then laughed hysterically. matt rolled his eyes and isaiah said, 'doe, doe, don't do that mommy.' (with a grin)

i sat nursing alaythia in the rocker and isaiah walked very slowly into the bedroom, 'please don't scare me anymore mama.' being expertly coached by matt. 'okay' i said, my head pounding already from my more than 10 minutes of fun.

2 comments:

julie martin said...

so glad to hear that motherhood hasn't changed you too much! remember the time you got beej coming up the laundry room stairs? my goodness! it was a doozy!

Laura said...

I too am a victim of your scares...the dorm room closet to name just one. Love you Sass