Wednesday, October 10, 2007

rays of sunshine

the weather is crappy. we had no in-between weather. we went from sunny to straight rain. we're all sick with colds. we're not sleeping at night. things really are not looking up. i'm on the brink of going down and i might soon topple over. but i'm clawing, trying to stay upright. so in an effort to support that notion, i'm going to focus on the good things that have brightened my life the last few days.

*the sun is rising later and setting earlier. two mornings ago, during snuggle time, we got to watch the sunrise. it was a harvest sun, the sky was painted red. isaiah sat up in bed and said, 'the sky! it's red mommy!'

*going to costco and having both kids ride in the front of the cart. they thought it was very fun to be next to each other and i liked looking at both their faces right in front of me. (it was the first time they had been that way).

*alaythia..oh there's so much to love! she likes to fake cough (maybe cause she hears all the rest of us doing it). it's this light, feminine cough like, 'oh, poor me, i'm sick too'. it's so stinkin' cute. or when i blow on her food she cups her lips the same way and blows too. i love that she can't get enough kisses. she'll let you kiss her for hours...and i do. her clapping. now when there is excitement surrounding her or if she hears music swell, she'll start clapping. half the time it's hand to wrist, but that makes it all the more adorable.

*family movie night. we all hunkered in on the couch last night and watched part of charlotte's web.

*lighting autumn candles.

*isaiah has become quite proficient at making coffee. he now can scoop the beans, place the lid on the grinder and grind just the right amount of time. he makes a great cup of coffee, and he made some for me this morning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Natalie, this is Kristin Harvey (used to be Wilder)- remember me?? Sam told me to check out your blog. We are at similar stages of life at home with two kids, so ...I get you! Oh, and Ride Sally Ride is one of my son Zach's faves. I think he is around Isaiah's age. Anyway, hi to you and Matt (he was in my WOW group one year :)

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

The rain does stink - I keep saying, if anyone will listen, that we usually have such nice October weather. I have pictures!

I remember when the kids did that Costco front seat thing. It was Sept. 10, 2001. I thought about how cute they were during that sad long week.

May there be more rays coming your way today...

Christi said...

You know what...it is so nice and sunny here right now, but I still had one of those days yesterday where I was barely staying afloat. The end of this pregnancy is getting me down and my boys can be so frustrating! I had a much better day today, but the only thing that really changed was my attitude. Your rays of sunshine encouraged me and inspired me to write out a few things too!

Sherri Price said...

Ok, I finally figured out how to sign up to make comments. I love reading your blog each day. Helps me feel more connected to your life. This will be way better that a baby book for your kids! So, making coffee already!!! Tell Isaiah that "Scout" just got hired at Starbucks so I'll have him give Isaiah a call if he gets stuck.