Thursday, July 30, 2009

it has begun

the swelling has begun. water retention. i had hoped that it wouldn't. i knew that it would. 20+ pounds of water weight with each of the kids at the end. about a week ago i started feeling it in my hands. then, when i could no longer close my jaw completely, that's when i knew. i was doomed. i'm seeing the doctor every week now, to monitor my blood pressure. so far so good.

there is a part of me that is ready NOW. but i have two kids outside the womb to consider as well. and for their sake i need to hold out until uncle jake and auntie rose get here to be with them while we are gone.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I've had swelling this time around too. My fingers hurt so much it's hard to bend them! But nothing like what it sounds like you are experiencing!! =0( Just a few weeks left...I think I can, I think I can...

Adina, mommy to Elijah, Merry and Micah said...

Okay, I have to argue with you here, I REALLY don't see it!! You look amazing for being so close to her arrival!