Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the most important chain

we set up sophia's bed this past weekend. i felt like i needed some visual things to help me prepare mentally. alaythia LOVES it. she acknowledges it every time she goes by it. yesterday i found her alone in the room, picking up all the clothes and looking at all the 'things' that are in the bed waiting for sophia. she is so ready, asking me almost every day, 'sophia coming soon?' i am grateful for her excitement. she's gotten unusually clingy to me in the past few weeks, but i think when sophia comes, our biggest problem will be making sure alaythia gives sophia some room.

we made a chain for sophia today. by far the most important chain we've ever made. that's the ONE nice thing about a c-section, you have a day.

i'll admit, i did it for the kids. chains help them with time frame. but if i'm honest, it freaked me out. the visual kicked me in the butt a bit.


only 35 days until sophia arrives.

2 comments:

Shana Stringer said...

That is an awesome idea!! I would have never thought about that. I will definitely have to store that away in my mind vault.

tommysmommy said...

i love your chains! this one isn't nearly as long as i thought it would be. : )